River Invertebrate App
Your interactive visual guide for identification of aquatic river larvae
The river invertebrate app is a powerful identification tool and interactive visual guide to the life in your river.
Rather than forking out for an expensive identification key or field guide, carrying it with you on the river bank, and needing to re-purchase when it becomes out of date; you can now carry an easily accessible, simple to use, and constantly updated app which does the job for you.
Using high quality digital images (produced by Dr Cyril Bennett MBE), the river invertebrate app shows easily identifiable features for each species, plus its pollution fingerprint and conservation value.
The river invertebrate app if therefore ideal for anglers, scientists, nature lovers and anyone interested in the life and health of their local river.
✓ The monitoring of freshwater invertebrates is a key factor in assessing the health of a river and is core to our Riverfly Census campaign, as well as our wider work in campaigning for healthy waters.
✓ The app will be continually updated to modify and add new species.
✓ The best part? All proceeds from the app go towards the conservation of our rivers.
✓ The river invertebrate app is a joint effort between Salisbury and District Angling Club (SADAC) and Salmon & Trout Conservation.
- An aid to the identification of aquatic river invertebrates through the use of high quality digital images.
- Focus in on easily identifiable features for each species.
- Highlighting for each species its sensitivity to particular stresses e.g. siltation, phosphates, organic polutions and 50w.
- Details months when likely to hatch
- Downloads a complete copy upon purchase for use in the field
- Content updates are automatically loaded in the background when connected to wi-fi
- Profiling individual sites on a river – an essential first step to being able to identify aquatic invertebrates and establishing a profile of the site.
- Education – for anyone wishing to expand their knowledge of their local river through the understanding of its aquatic inver tebrate populations.
- Existing Riverfly Partnership monitors keen to expand their knowledge.
- Anglers with a keen interest in river ecology and identifying individual invertebrates.
"This is a great looking app and easy to use... the mayfly, caddisfly and stonefly sections are great!"
- Google User
We rely on your support to protect wild fish and the places they live.
By donating or joining as a member you will be making a huge contribution to the fight to protect the UK's waters and ensure a sustainable future for wild fish.