Join Us Today
Time and water are running out
Read the papers, lately? Watched documentaries about it on TV? The facts are chilling. What you most feared is happening.
- Less than 30% of rivers are in a healthy ecological state
- Water abstraction is up to 50 times greater than 40 years ago
- More than a million tonnes of silt enters our rivers every year destroying spawning habitat
- 250,000 lakes and ponds have disappeared in the past 50 years
- Salmon levels have collapsed by as much as 80% of historic levels
- Some aquatic fly populations are down by 70%
- Fish farming is destroying wild salmon and sea trout stocks
- 5,000 sites had been earmarked for low-head hydropower schemes threatening fish passage
- Every year, 12,000 Scottish salmon are still killed in coastal nets.
Put bluntly, the Salmon & Trout Association is the only charity at the sharp end when it comes to protecting and preserving the aquatic environment of all inland and coastal waterways. From rivers to rivulets, lakes to lochans.
With our influence, Government departments listen to us. With our resources, we put policies in place and change things. With our own scientific department, we don't say something is wrong.
We can prove it. By focussing on the health of our fish stocks, we’re the only hope you have of preserving the aquatic environment in which our wild fish live - and on which your fishing depends.
Conversely, YOU are our only hope.
So please join today – and make a difference.
Please don’t forget to tick the GiftAid box when filling in your payment details – and help us do even more with your money!